Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sunny Cappuccino

On March 8 2011 I ventured to one of my favorite Cafe's in Syracuse "Cafe Kubal" http://www.cafekubal.com/
The BEST cappuccinos in Syracuse without question especially since they just hired Chris. You can read all about him on the Kubal web site. Anyway this sketch was a "welcome" sketch for him.
You can see the shadow of the cup coming directly towards me. I was sitting at the window looking south around 1pm on a rare sunny day in Syracuse. The counter top was actually black (the darker smaller "shadow" is actually the reflection in the counter) but I find myself being too reserved to go full on BLACK. I even have issues with getting the colors darker and deeper. a nice part of the drawing is the cup and spoon in section in the upper right is one continuous line. The composition in the bottom corner is a massing sketch of components of the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment